St Agustinegrass - Knowledgebase Question

Rowlett, Tx
Question by e28v18a2b
I have a beautiful St Agustingrass but a few weeks ago i notice bermudagrass is growing under my grass. There is something to kill the bermuda without harming the st agustinegrass ?I soded the St Agustine grass 5 months ago

0

Jesus,

There is nothing that will kill the bermudagrass without also killing the St. Augustine. In my yard I have resorted to periodic hand pulling of some very limited infestations but it is a tedious task and the soil has to be very moist so you can get some of the underground parts. Carefully wiping glyphosate on to the bermuda without letting it touch the St. Augustine is another although also tedious option.