|I am new to this region and I have noticed many differant mushrooms growing since a few heavy downpours, and I have two dogs that keep sniffing them and I am concerned for their safety.
There are green, yellow, brown,orange,and red ones that almost look like strawberries, but definately mushrooms. Some are the size of a vollyball.
Please tell me where I can get info regarding these.
I know of no good source of info on which mushrooms are poisonous and which ones are not. There is a third group that are halucinogens. The best thing to do is to go out early in the day before the dog is put out in the yard and kick the over and scoop them up to throw away. They tend to come and go with the weather so for now I would be careful as some will harm dogs.
Thanks for the question. Please stop in again soon!