What is good to plant this time of year? - Knowledgebase Question

Mercerville, NJ
Question by j9daries
Hi I have a small garden area that is mostly in the sun during the day and wanted to plant some type of flowers however I wasnt sure what would last this time of year, any help is very much appreciated! THank you

0

August is the most difficult month of the year for planting because the heat is so stressful on the plants. You might try some containers of tropicals such as mandevilla, canna, or lantana to enjoy as patio plants for now. These can be overwintered indoors if you wish to keep them.

In September, you could then plant many different perennials (sedums would still bloom) along with cool season bedding plants such as pansies, asters, mums, and ornamental cabbage to enjoy this fall as well as your bulbs (such as tulip, daffodil, crocus) for blooms next season.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"