Palm Trees - Knowledgebase Question

Woodland Hills, CA
Question by artfan69
I planted a Majesty Palm about 2 months ago and it's leaves are turning brown on the tips. I was wondering why that is happening? I water it every other day. Is that to much water or not enough? Thanks for the help. Jolie

0

You're overwatering your Majesty Palm and it is communicating its distress by developing brown leaf tips. Your palm needs to be thoroughly watered and then the soil should be allowed to dry slightly before you water again. Roots need both moisture and oxygen. If you keep the soil too moist, you drive out the oxygen and the roots can suffocate. Try watering thoroughly, then allowing the top inch of soil to dry out before watering again.

Best wishes with your palm!