Croton consumption - Knowledgebase Question

Holmes Beach, FL
Question by chgken
I put in some small mamey crotons a few weeks ago. They seem to be doing all right except for one that looks sick. Its leaves are wilted and droopy . Some of the leaves are turning brown at their ends. Leaves are not falling off, at least not yet. I cannot see any insects on the leaves.I fear it may have a disease that could spread to its companions.What do you think the cause is and what should I do? The weather has been very very hot lately with little rain. I started giving it plenty of water when i first saw it was ailing.It does not seem any better or worse than it was a week ago.

0

Colin,

The symptoms point to root problems. Lack of water or overwatering are the most likely causes as both can damage roots. Dig down a few inches and feel the soil. See if it is moist or not and then water accordingly. If the initial damage was not too severe the plant should recover and resume normal growth in time.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"