Flowers for Hummingbirds - Knowledgebase Question

Hatfield, MA
Question by skywise
What are some good plants for attracting and feeding hummingbirds?

0

Hummingbirds really are a wonderful treat. You are very lucky to have some as neighbors. Burpee offers collection called "Flights of Fancy" for attracting hummingbirds and butterflies to the yard. It includes 6 brightly colored annuals of variousheights. Perennial plants I have found to attract hummingbirds are Trumpet Vine (Campsis x tagliabuana, I grow 'Madame Galen'), Butterfly Bush (Buddleia davidii), Honeysuckle (Lonicera, many varieties), and, I see them sticking their little beaksin my hanging baskets filled with Fuchsia. They seem to be attracted to bright, vibrant colors, especially red. Sweet fragranced flowers are also a draw.