Children's Garden Room - Knowledgebase Question

West Hempstead, NY
Question by pbertini
What types of things would I need to create an outddor garden room for children to sit and read? I just created multiple gardens in my school courtyard.

0

What a lovely project! Depending on how much space you have, you might provide a variety of benches and picnic tables, chairs, and tree stumps to sit on. Or, perhaps you could keep a collection of carpet squares (washable so they can be hosed off and kept clean.) You might provide a shade tree or garden umbrellas or a pergola or an awning to keep off hot sun and protect tender skin from sunburn. A windbreak might be helpful in keeping it useable longer into the fall and earlier in the spring. For more ideas on gardening with children you might want to take a look at http://www.kidsgardening.com/

Enjoy your projects!

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"