Yellowing Leaves on Tomatoes - Knowledgebase Question

Bensalem, PA
Question by qsunshine
I started my tomatoes inside. They're about 5 inches high now, but the leaves look a little yellow to me. Some of the leaves are curling too. I feed them at quarter strength of Miracle-Gro once a week. Why is this happening?

0

It sounds like they may be root-bound. Are they in small containers? Are the roots filling them? If this could be the problem, try transplanting them to larger pots. And remember, unlike some plants, you can set the seedlings deeper in the new pots than they were in the old--they'll form additional roots along the buried stem.

This is my first guess. Other than that, here are a few possibilities: is the room too cold? too hot? drafty? Are the lights within a few inches from the tops of the plants? Do you see any signs of insect damage--look for aphids and whiteflies on the undersides of the leaves.

I hope this helps!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"