Insects - Knowledgebase Question

Barnhart, MO
Question by catydids1998
I was just wondering how to get rid of a pesky insect problem with my hibiscus plant? My ENTIRE plant is covered with these little white specks(leaves and all) and it just keeps getting worse and worse. I'm not sure if those are ant eggs or what but whatever it is, they are ruining my plant. What is the best thing to do without harming my plant even more? Your help is greatly appreciated.

0

Based on your description, I suspect your plant is infested with scale insects, these will cling to branches and stems as well as foliage. These can usually be treated with commercially formulated insecticidal soap or with horticultural oil sprays. Read and carefully follow all of the label directions. Be sure to spray thoroughly so all surfaces of the plant from top to bottom including undersides of the leaves are covered.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"