Yellowing Leaves on - Knowledgebase Question

Somerset, NJ
Question by arogers00
The leaves on my Corn Plant (Dracaena Fragrans
Massangeana)are turning yellow for no apparent reason. I try not to over water it and give it adequate lighting.
Can you help me save my plant?

0

Dracaena are some of the hardiest houseplants around, with very few cultural demands. If the lower leaves are yellowing and falling off, it's natural. If all of the leaves are yellowing, then I'd suspect overwatering is the cause. Dracaenas like average household temperatures - minimum 55F degrees in the winter. They like a west window, but will grow in less light. Keep the soil moist at all times, except in winter when you can water less often. Mist the leaves regularly. If you're doing all of the above, your plant should grow quite happily. If the soil has been kept soggy, reduce watering - but don't let the soil completely dry out. Spring is on its way. Perhaps your plant will recover and begin growing again.