|I picked some carrotts 3 days ago and I put them in a cooler to wash the dirt off and forgot about them, They have been outside in the cooler for 3 days in about 87 to 90 degrees weather. When I remember last night I looked at them and they smell fine but there is this white bubbley stuff on top of the water. Are my carrotts still fine for my family to eat?|
|Sounds as though the water got warm enough to begin developing bacteria. I would toss the carrots (don't feed them to your family) and then disinfect the cooler with a bleach and water solution. Sorry for the loss of your carrots, but I think it's best to be on the safe side rather than make your family sick.
Best wishes with your garden.