Ornamental Pine Tree - Knowledgebase Question

East Stroudsburg, PA
Question by riogranlady
The pines have turned orange and are falling off the branches. The pine cones are still attached. This tree is planted about 5 feet from my brick house and is 11 years old about 30 feet high.
It has one trunk and a few branches, very ornamental. Is it dying? I live in the Pocono Mountains of PA.

0

Pines and other needled evergreens will normally lose some of their oldest needles in the fall. As long as the browning is toward the center of the tree, with the newest growth at the tips of the branches still green, then it is probably normal. If you are concerned, you could consult with your local Penn State cooperative extension. A photo of the overall tree and a close-up of the browning would help them evaluate it.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"