Zone - Knowledgebase Question

Bremerton, WA
Question by matty1
My understanding is for planting, you need to plant according to the zone you live in. What zone would you consider Bremerton, Wa to be in? I'm interested in shade perennials to plant on a small slope.

0

Plants perform best when grown in a suitable climate. You're in USDA zone 8, or Sunset Western Garden Book's zone 5. The growing season extends from March through October, with average low temperatures of 20F to 30F degrees. Perennials that tolerate shade and provide erosion control would include vining or creeping plants like Vinca minor, Lamium, Fragaria (wild strawberry), Ivy, Saxifrage and Campanula portenschlagiana (creeping Campanula).

Today's site banner is by skopjecollection and is called "Coryphantha flowers"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.