WOODED AREA ZONE 7 - Knowledgebase Question

BELVIDERE, Te
Question by DEHTN
I JUST MOVED TO TN & WE ARE IN IN WOODED AREA I'VE BEEN RAKING & RAKING WE HAVE OVER 5 ACRES. I WOULD LIKE TO PLANT GROUND COVER IN SOME AREAS ALSO MORE EVERGREEN TYPE PLANTS AND TREES BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLACE THEM. MOST OF THE TREES ARE OAKS ALL DIF TYPES THE SOIL IS MOSTLY SANDY TYPE I'M JUST AT A LOSS AS TO WHAT TO DO I JUST WANT TO MAKE EVERYTHING BEAUTIFUL AND PLANT THINGS THAT I DON'T HAVE TO REPLANT EVERY YEAR ALSO WANT TO PLANT FOR BIRDS AND BUTTERFLIES PLEASE HELP

0

Deborah,
Your question is really many questions in one. It is difficult to provide specific answers but I would suggest a good web site for starters and also that you contact your local Extension Office for more information on plants and landscaping. It may be that they offer some classes or could refer you to Master Gardeners for one on one advice. There may also be tours in the area that visit gardens for ideas and inspiration.
These following web site has good adapted information that can be useful to you:
http://www.utextension.utk.edu...

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"