Best plants for the spring and summer - Knowledgebase Question

Dallas, Ge
Question by lgurrant
What are the best flowers to plant in the spring and summer? I live in an area where we cannot water on regular basis due to the drought. I want something that will last in pots as well as in the ground.

0

Linda,

I apologize for this delayed reply to your gardening question. The spring rush has brought a deluge of questions and we are working hard to catch up!

There are many great choices for your area. I would suggest the following as starters:
Salvias (many types), yellow bells (Esperanza), Plumbago, Celosia, purslane, portulaca and scaevola.

For more ideas contact your County Extension Office. They should have some free information on hand to help with all of your gardening activities!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"