Agopanthos - Knowledgebase Question

Katy, Te
Question by norcimfish
My agopanthos (Nile Lillies) have not bloomed for a couple of years....the are multiplying like crazy, and are planted where they get full sun from around 11a-3pm....we have soaker hoses that are on a timer to run a couple hours every morning...we just started the soaker hoses daily last week (beginning of April).Several friends tell me they have done nothing to theirs for years and theirs bloom beautifully. What am I not doing?

0

Marilyn,

That is a good question. Your care is good for those plants. However it ma be good to let they dry out a bit more between waterings. You didn't mention fertilizing, but if you are pushing them with a lot of fertilizer that is a reason for a lack of blooming. Try backing off on the water and any high nitrogen fertilizer. Hopefully this will help them settle down and start blooming soon!