Watering grapes and citrus trees - Knowledgebase Question

chandler, Ar
Question by rmontondo
I live in Chandler, AZ. How often and how much should I water 2 year old grapes and two year old citrus trees?

0

Water citrus that has been in the ground 1-2 years every 14 to 21 days from November through March, every 10 days from April-May, every 7 to 10 days from June trough August and every 10 days from Sept-Oct. Water should soak 24 to 30 inches deep through the root zone, depending on the size of the transplant (5 gallon up to 24" box). As the tree ages and matures, the frequency can spread out a bit more, but water should soak deeper, up to 3 feet. Monitor grapes for water stress (wilting). As a guideline, water every 7-10 days in spring and fall, every 10-14 days in winter, and as much as evey 2 to 5 days in summer. Water should soak 1 foot deep. Good luck with your edible landscape!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"