care for hybrid lily - Knowledgebase Question

US
Question by jasondevore
I have 15 hybrid lilys and all the flowers have bloomed and the petals have fallen off. I want to know how to get them to re bloom. I have read articles on deadheading and stuff but no pics so I am not sure where to cut the old flowers on the stalk? just the flower? or do i leave the green center or take everything off i am clueless and am tired of looking at green stalks with no flowers please help i can send a pic if needed please email me asap

thanks in advance jason devore

jasondevore@comcast.net

0

Your lilies will look and perform best if you cut the flowering stalks down to below foliage level after all the flowers are spent. Deadheading simply means removing blooms as they fade and the stalks after all the buds have opened. As the season progresses you plants will send up new flowering stalks. It's important to cut or snap the flowers off the stalk as they begin to fade (before they develop a seed pod). Hope this sheds some light on the process.