Emerald Green Arborvitae - Knowledgebase Question

Cheyenne, Wy
Question by trefrenmille
Last year I bought 5 Emerald Green Arborvitae, and followed the label for planting.
There is one that appears healthy. The others have a lot of dryed needles, however, there is a little new growth at the base of each. Should I dig them up and replace or do you have advice so I can safe them?

0

If you're finding new growth at the bases of the plants, it indicates the roots are healthy which leads me to believe the plants either experienced a harsh winter or a lack of water to the extent that the roots could not support the tops of the plants. I think they'll come back, but it could take a few years. If you're looking for a faster fill-in, you may decide to replace your arborvitaes.

Best wishes with your landscape!