planting Easter Lily from Easter - Knowledgebase Question

Kenosha, WI (Zone 5B)
Question by iamapplejack
What do I have to do to replant Easter Lily PLANTS that were from Easter so the may grow next season on there normal groth cycle? My other easter lilies always have blooms the week of the 4th of July. Do I just plant the plant in same area now? or water and wait till tops turn brown indoors and then the bulbs dry out of the soil and replant in the fall? I live in the Milwaukee, WI area. Thanks Doug

0

Because your Easter Lily has been living indoors for a while, you'll want to gradually acclimate it to outdoor growing. Continue to water as usual and when the weather warms, take it outside a set it in a shady area. After it has set outdoors in the protected spot for 7-10 days, you can plant it where your other lilies are planted. It will probably lose its foliage while it's in the pot. When that happens you can stop watering until it goes into the garden bed.

Best wishes with your garden!