escerole? - Knowledgebase Question

Avatar for TDGD
Question by TDGD
March 17, 1998
Does Burpee sell escarole seeds? I have been unable to find them.

Answer from NGA
March 17, 1998
In America, we use the term "escarole" to refer to broad-leaved endives. We use the term "endive" to refer to the curly-leaved varieties. Burpee carries a curly-leafed type by the name 'Green Curled Endive' on page 75 of their current catalog. If you would specifically like broad-leaved escarole, try the Cook's Garden, 1-800-457-9705; there's an escarole named 'Cornet d'Anjou' on page 17 of their current catalog.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by Murky and is called "Coneflower and Visitor"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.