creeping charlie - Knowledgebase Question

US
Question by wab1313
I have creeping charlie in my yard (lawn) and would like to get rid of it, but one chemical said to keep dogs off for 3 days is ther any thing else available to use that is a little safer?

0

Creeping Charlie (Glechoma hederacea) can be a real pest. Many gardeners have had good luck eradicating the plant by mixing 10 ounces 20-Mule Team Borax in 2-1/2 gallons of water and applying the mixture to their lawn. The boron doesn't affect the grass, but overwhelms the roots of creeping Charlie. Cool weather reduces its effectiveness so apply in May when the weather starts to warm. The University of Minnesota and Iowa State University have tested this recipe and report good results.

Give it a try - you may have good results, too.