sun scorch on American arborvitae - Knowledgebase Question

murfreesboro, Te
Question by imtheboss30
How can you help American arborvitae recover from a dry hot summer? On one side the leaves are brown,I have been watering it about every two/three days. What else can I do?

0

With any luck at all, the plants will replace the scorched foliage. You can shear it off to encourage new growth. As for watering, one deep watering once a week is about all your arborvitae needs. Watering every 2-3 days might be excessive and could lead to root rot. Be sure to water deeply once a week during the growing season and once every 10-14 days during the winter months if rainfall is sparse. Arborvitae are relatively hardy plants so I think yours will recover.

Best wishes with your landscape!