how do i level my yard? - Knowledgebase Question

new orleans, Lo
Question by sallycates20
i have a very small yard that is in total ruin. i have cleaned it out and it is mostly dirt and very little grass. it looks ot me that the first thing i need to do is level the yard. i am 65 years old and there is no access to my backyard, so all dirt will have to be hauled in by me by hand. help?

0

Sally,

Your situation is definitely a difficult one. In order to level the yard some dirt will need to be brought in. Perhaps a friend or some neighbors can help.

Once the yard area is somewhat level you can plant grass. Runner or plugs of St. Augustine is a good grass for shade and an economical way to start a lawn. Just water the new grass plants daily for a while to get them well rooted and off to a good start.