cat's claw - Knowledgebase Question

new orleans, Lo
Question by sallycates20
I have cat's claw, which I am told is really yellow bougainvillea, climbing all over my house and the roots have even broken pieces of the aluminum siding. what can I do to get rid of it? thanks.

0

Cats Claw Vine is an aggressive tropical vine that climbs up trees and other surfaces with cat like claws in order to reach for more sunlight. It is found in dry woodlands of Southern, Central and South Americas. Once established it is hard to eradicate due to extensive underground tubers. It is not a bougainvillea (there are no yellow flowering bougainvilleas). Aside from digging out every single root in the ground, it's hard to eradicate. None of the vegetation killers seem to phase this invasive plant (Brush-B-Gone or Round-Up), but you might try withholding water from the area and pruning back any new shoot that grows from the roots.

Best wishes with your project!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"