Daffodils - Knowledgebase Question

Ellington, Co
Question by kdeorio
I have two rather large clumps of daffodils planted in my planter. After they blooms, which should be shortly, can I safely thin them out and replant them in a more spread out fashion? Thank you for your time.

0

It would be better for you to wait until the foliage has died down before moving them. After your daffodils bloom and the flowers die, cut the flowering stalks down, but leave the leaves alone to wither away on their own. The leaves will be busy transporting energy down into the bulb for next year's floral display. If you disturb them before the leaves die down naturally, you risk interrupting the energy storage process and you may not get flowers next year. It only takes a few weeks for the leaves to wither away and your reward for waiting will be beautiful flowers next spring. Enjoy!