WANT TO PLANT FRUIT TREES. WHICH END IS UP ON BULBS? - Knowledgebase Question

JAMISON, Pe
Question by KJDECKERT
I WANT TO PLANT GREEN/WHITE SEEDLESS GRAPES, APPLE TREES AND CHERRY TREES. DO I NEED MORE THAN ONE OF EACH? WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO BUY? ANY SPECIAL PLANTING INSTRUCTIONS? ALSO, ON BULBS, HOW DO I TELL WHICH END IS

0

Grapes will produce without a second variety but most apples and cherries need a second, different variety in order to produce fruit. Check the tag on the trees and it will say which other variety is the best pollinizer. All fruit trees and grapes, need full sunshine and rich, well draining soils. After planting be sure to water deeply once each week so the roots will establish. You won't get fruit for the first few years but after that you should have bountiful crops. Enjoy!

Most bulbs have a somewhat flattend end. This is the part that goes down. I'd plant all the bulbs as soon as possible so they can grow and store energy. Glads should bloom this year - other bulbs may or may not, depending upon type.

Best wishes with your landscape!