Plumbago - As a shrub along the house? - Knowledgebase Question

Pensacola, FL (Zone 8B)
Question by mail68
I love the plumbago plant. I found some three gallon ones tonight. My concern is there is a lot of brown on them. Will these bounce back quickly? My goal is to have them as shrubs along the side of the house. How far apart should I plant them? I have a 20 foot long bed to plant in.

0

Tonia,

I apologize for this delayed reply to your gardening question and hope it is still helpful to you.

Plumbago is a fairly tough drought tolerant plant once established. However in a container and for a while after planting while it is trying to get roots established it is going to need regular moisture or it will brownout and die. I suggest you continue to water them as long as there is some green on the plants and they may well recover and be fine. I generally plant Plumbago about 5 feet apart but they can be planted closer or farther than that if you wish.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"