Yellow patches - Knowledgebase Question

Brick, Ne
Question by kanderson20
My lawn has a yellow patch that I have been trying to get rid of for two years. My local Home Depot suggested using lime so I did that and it was a temporary solution. However the patch is back--and I am stumped!!

0

Lime will change the soil's pH. If it is very acidic, lime will sweeten it and perhaps make a more hospitable place for the turfgrass. However, the underlying cause may or may not be soil pH. If the yellow area is due to dog urine, liming the area will make a temporary change to the pH. I think a more permanent solution is to dig the yellowing area to remove the grass, grass roots and a few inches of soil. Replace the soil with some from another part of the garden, reseed and keep it watered. New grass will sprout in 7-10 days and grow lush and thick. This should take care of the problem once and for all!