How to identify poisonous mushrooms? - Knowledgebase Question

Sycamore, Il
Question by sycamorekid2
June 7, 2008
How do I identify poisonous mushrooms? They are cropping up in various areas of my lawn. It wouldn't be a problem because I know that eventually, they will die off as the food supply decays. However, I have both kids & pets & I'm concerned about it for that reason.


Image
Answer from NGA
June 7, 2008

0

Mushrooms in lawns are not considered edible, but they aren't considered toxic, either, unless you consume lots and lots at one time. I'd go out with a rake and knock them down so they're aren't so attractive to kids and pets. They will stop growing when the weather warms up.

Best wishes with your lawn!

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:

Username:

Password:

[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Working with Purple & White"