My Hydrangias look like they are going to die. - Knowledgebase Question

Hicksville, Ne
Question by sukhai0827
Hi,

I bought 3 hydrangias over the weekend. They are still in the pot. We are currently in a heat wave (4th day) and they don't like well. What I can do to revive them? I water them every day and make sure they are in sun light but I want them to look better before planting them in the ground.

0

Hydrangeas tend to droop if exposed to hot afternoon sunshine so try moving yours to a location that gets morning sun and afternoon shade. Daily watering might be excessive, even in the heat. Try this: immerse each pot in a larger container of water and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Then take it out and let it drain. This will force air pockets out of the soil which is common in potted plants. Then when the top of the soil begins to dry out, water each one thoroughly. Wait until the top of the soil begins to dry out before watering again.

Best wishes with your hydrangeas!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"