blueberry bush - Knowledgebase Question

US
Question by dellsd
I just transplanted a blueberry bush. It is about 2 or 3 feet high. I have been watering it and it was fine the first couple of weeks but now it seems the leaves are getting brown. How can I save it?

0

Since you've been giving your plant such good care I suspect that it is only now showing some signs of transplant stress. The browning foliage is probably a reaction to the change in exposure to sunshine that it is getting now that you have planted it as opposed to what it was getting in the garden center. I'd prune off the affected stems and leaves. It should replace the pruned off areas with healthy new growth. When that happens you'll know your plant has established itself and will recover from the transplant stress.

Best wishes with your garden!