black-eyed susan - Knowledgebase Question

Bulger, Pe
Question by dlg7
I just purchased this vine sunny lemon star black-eyed susan vine (thunbergia alata lemon star) PP14371, on the pot it says its a perrenial vine grown as an annual, what does this mean to me? Can it be planted like a perrenial and will it come back?
Or do I need to take it out of the ground and put in inside for winter? Or should it stay in its container?
Thank you,
Deanna

0

Black Eyed Susan vines are frost tender plants. They are perennial only in frost free gardening zones. In cold winter regions such as yours, treat this plant as an annual and pull it out of the garden after the first frost. You can collect seeds from this plant in late summer and plant them in your garden next spring. Black Eyed Susan won't overwinter as a houseplant. Sorry!

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"