Camelot Digitalis - Knowledgebase Question

mantua, Ne
Question by fran1127
They are beautiful plants but how do I take care of them? The flowers have fallen off and all I have is a bald stalk. Do I cut them, trim them, or are they done for the season? Thank you.

0

Digitalis purpurea ?Camelot? is the first Foxglove F1 hybrid which will yield more first and second year blooms than other types of foxglove. Although most Foxglove is planted in shady areas, ?Camelot? can be grown in sunny areas with adequate moisture and lower temperatures. In late spring or early summer 'Camelot' will send up flower stalks 3 to 4 feet high and will be laden with beautiful tubular flowers that have speckled throats. The flowers are a mix of colors in shades of Rose, White, Lavender, and Cream. After the flowers are spent cut down the flower stem and your plant will produce more flowers later this summer. Enjoy!