Whats wrong with my Massangeana cane? - Knowledgebase Question

Oklahoma City, Ok
Question by Maria_Martin1
We purchased a massangeana cane 2 weeks ago and have placed it in a corner in a well lit room next to the bay window. It doesnt' get direct light. We did not repot yet. It has drainage holes. Keeping it moist. The leaves are wilting turning brown. I've been misting just recently. Watering twice a week thoroughly. Please help. Maria

0

Maria,

You're plant is showing signs of root injury. It could be that the soil and roots are staying too soggy wet which is deadly. Dig down a few inches and field the soil to see if it is moist or dry. Water when it is starting to dry slightly. If it is a problem with too much water your plants may or may not recover at this point. That plant does like quite a bit of light so make sure it is getting plenty of light. Direct sun is not necessary.