Help with Peace Lily - Knowledgebase Question

Bronx, Ne
Question by Ebright8
I had this plant about two years. Now it has something growing on the soil that has a long yellow stem and it starts to open at the top looking like a mushroom. It is growing a lot of these things on the top of the soil. Since I never seen then before or know what they are I have been pullling them out. But they still continue to grow. What is this? I have asked other people and no one I asked seemed to know. The plant is doing well and whatever these yellow things are does not seem to bother the plant. I appreciate your help. Thank you

0

If it looks like a mushroom, it probably is. But it shouldn't cause you alarm. Mushrooms of all kinds grow in moist soil that's rich with organic matter. As long as your lily looks healthy, it isn't at risk from the mushroom growth. About the only way to stop the growth and not harm your lily is to repot your lily in fresh potting soil. If it's in the ground, simply rake away the top inch or so of organic material that's on top of the soil and replace it with fresh mulch material.

Best wishes with your garden!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"