after peas? - Knowledgebase Question

malad city, Id
Question by laurita1sil
do i cut down my pea plants after harvest.? how do i save seeds from my plant for next year? can i plant something else in the same spot or should i reserve that spot for peas?

0

Peas will continue to flower and set pods as long as you keep the pods harvested. When they are almost finished producing the lower leaves will begin to die off. When this happens, you can leave a few of the pods on the plant so they can make seeds for next year. Just leave the pods on the plant and they will get fat and turn a tannish color. When the entire plant dries up you can harvest the pods and remove the seeds for next year. Then pull up the dead plants and put something else in their places. You can plant spinach, lettuce, radishes or beans in place of the peas and they will have time to mature before fall weather arrives.

Enjoy your garden!