Help with Peace Lilys - Knowledgebase Question

Destin, Fl
Question by tarheelblue1
I have 4 Peace Lily's, two of them just all of a sudden wilted and fell over. I have had them for almost nine years. What could be wrong? I did however cut them down to just nubs and they are starting to get leaves on them again. Help I can't loose these plant.

0

Sherri,

I apologize for this delayed reply to your gardening question and hope it is still helpful to you.

Something went wrong in the soil around those plants. If it was drought conditions or if it was overwatering (poor drainage) they may recover if the initial damage wasn't to great. If it was a root rot this may also have been brought on by excessive soil moisture but not necessarily. Try cutting them back and then just wait and see. There in nothing for you to do to save them at this point. The fact that they are starting to get leaves is a very good sign.