Ocotillo Growth - Knowledgebase Question

Phoenix, Ar
Question by henhackers
I planted an Ocotillo in my Phoenix garden over two months ago and am still waiting for some

0

Since your ocotillo is only recently planted, it will take several months - maybe even a year - for the roots to become established and new growth to appear. Those in the desert have greened up after the monsoon, but these have well established root systems. I wouldn't water it and I wouldn't mist it. Allow just the natural rain to wet the soil. Ocotillo are not terribly fast growing and your plant needs a chance for the roots to break out of dormancy and become established before it will have the energy to produce leaves. Don't kill it with kindness - instead just be patient and you'll be rewarded with fantastic flowers.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"