Hibiscus bush - Knowledgebase Question

Fort Lauderdale, Fl
Question by walkerd3000
I have a hibiscus bush that looks unhealthy. The leaves are light green to yellowish-green. The blooms look good but are few and scattered. There seems to be quite a bit of dead wood that I have cut away, as well.
I don't think the bush is healthy. Even during rainy season, it does not green up. The soil is sandy to poor; perhaps that is the probelm.
Shall I try to save it or maybe just try to remove it and start over??

0

Sam,

I suggest starting to feed it weekly with a soluble plant food such as Miracle Gro at the label rate. Make sure it gets plenty of sunlight as too much shade decreases bloom production. Keep the soil moist but not soggy wet. I think with such a program it will be dark green and productive in a few weeks.