Grass seed - Knowledgebase Question

Stone Mountain, Ge
Question by sistagirlcr
My backyard has fescue grass which we have planted again and again every spring,but most of the lawn is still bare. My front lawn is bermuda. Would it be possible to plant bermuda grass in my backyard to keep it green most of the year?

0

Sounds like an odd combination, but since bermuda is a warm season grass and fescue is a cool season grass, bermuda is often overseeded with fescue so the lawn stays green all year around. Getting one grass out of another is not easy. If the area is allowed to go through drought the bermuda will outlast the fescue. There's no reason why you can't plant bermuda plugs or overseed your existing lawn with bermuda.

Enjoy!