Retaining Wall - Knowledgebase Question

Question by mfritter
My wife and I want to build a retaining wall and use it as the edge of a large planter box. We want to use the mortar-less stackable bricks. I know that these types of bricks are not supposed to go up very high, but we need the wall to be about 5 to 5.5 feet tall. I know it can be done, but I don't know how. can you help me??

Because stackable blocks are not reinforced, they are best suited for walls under four feet in height. If you want to use the material, the best approach is to build a segmental wall so that each segment has a height of only 2 1/2 feet. You'll need to backfill and compact the soil for the first segment and then build the second segment a few feet behind the first wall. This will increase your planting area and ensure the wall doesn't lean or tumble a few years after installation.

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"