Retaining Wall - Knowledgebase Question

US
Question by mfritter
My wife and I want to build a retaining wall and use it as the edge of a large planter box. We want to use the mortar-less stackable bricks. I know that these types of bricks are not supposed to go up very high, but we need the wall to be about 5 to 5.5 feet tall. I know it can be done, but I don't know how. can you help me??
Thanks

0

Because stackable blocks are not reinforced, they are best suited for walls under four feet in height. If you want to use the material, the best approach is to build a segmental wall so that each segment has a height of only 2 1/2 feet. You'll need to backfill and compact the soil for the first segment and then build the second segment a few feet behind the first wall. This will increase your planting area and ensure the wall doesn't lean or tumble a few years after installation.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"