Last Frost - Knowledgebase Question

Edison, NJ
Question by AlanGretsky
For my area what is the date generally for the last frost? What types of vegetable plants should I be planting now?
I have already prepared my garden due to the warm weather we have been experiencing.

0

New Jersey's last frost should be about April 20-30. However, with this strange weather we've been having, who knows???

The vegetable seed packets should tell you when to plant. Cool weather crops like lettuce, spinach, and broccoli usually go out 2 or 3 weeks before the last expected frost date. I wouldn't jump the gun too much, especially on heat-loving plants like tomatoes and eggplant--it's still early! Wait until early May for those crops.

The garden has dried out enough to be planted when a handful of soil you squeeze in your hand crumbles instead of staying in a lump. Don't be too anxious...patience is a virtue for the gardener!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"