propagating annuals and perennials - Knowledgebase Question

jonesborough, Te
Question by limiblank
hi,
I am trying to propagate some impatiens, ice plant, and petunias. I put them in a mixture of potting soil, peat moss and little perlite and put them on my front porch. How long do I leave them there? Do they have to come in when it starts getting cold? Do I leave them outside? Where do I put them, if they stay inside? thank you very much, linda

0

You didn't mention whether you took cuttings or are propagating from seeds and that would make a difference in how you take care of them and when they will be ready to go back into the ground. Aside from that, your ice plant is a perennial and can go into the ground as soon as it develops roots (usually 4-6 weeks). The petunias and impatiens are annuals and they will die when the weather turns cold. Neither one is suitable for growing indoors. They just won't perform well. Wish I had better news for you!