Tell me about the trees I just purchased from home depot. - Knowledgebase Question

Ogden, Ut
Question by iamhappymo
Just purchase two

0

At this point, I think you have a mystery tree. Willows, even weeping willows, do not flower - or at least are not considered valuable for their flowers. You most likely have another type of tree with a weeping habit. There are many many available, from weeping cherry or weeping pear to weeping willow. Weeping willows have the typically thin leaves; weeping cherry as broader leaves with a serrated edge. Weeping pear trees have a broader, longer, straight edged leaf than the weeping cherry. I'd either take a leaf sample to your local cooperative extension office or well staffed nursery, or wait until it flowers next spring and take flower and leaf samples to a professional for positive identification. Most trees prefer growing in full sunshine, but I can't even guess at what the mature size might be until we know for sure what kind of tree it is. There are both standard and dwarf weeping trees. Wish I could be of more help!