Please Help Save My Pear Trees! - Knowledgebase Question

US
Question by ypomnc
Hi!

I have a line of Cleveland Pear Trees going down my backyard and all is well except for two of the trees. They are much lighter in color and much smaller than the rest of the trees, even though they were all bought and planted at the same time. Their color is so much lighter that it looks as though they have turned foilage for the fall already. However, they looked this way throughout the summer! Are they dying? What can I do to get them to look & be healthy again? Thanks for your help!

-- Dee Ashby

0

When leaf color is pale, it is almost always due to overwatering. Although you have a line of trees and most of them are doing well, the two affected trees must be planted in ground that doesn't drain as well as it should. Overly wet soils can suffocate roots because the oxygen is driven out by the water. You can water those two trees less often than the others or you can wait until they are dormant, dig them up, amend the soil so it drains faster and then replant the trees.

Best wishes with your pear trees!

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"