Fickle Hibiscus - Knowledgebase Question

Raleigh, No
Question by njc64
We have a hibiscus we planted last year. It died back, came back in spring and has just kind of barely made it through the summer. Grew like crazy at first but has slowed and hasn't flowered again. Any check list of suggestions? It gets sun and shade and the rains have been pretty consistent this spring/summer. We have spot watered too. Thanks for any input you can provide.

0

Hardy hibiscus typically dies down in winter and new growth appears in spring. It needs full sunshine in order to flower so I suspect that it is too shaded during the afternoons. I would move it next spring, just as new growth appears. With all day sunshine and a deep soaking once a week during the growing season, it should produce those spectacular blooms next summer. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"