Dead patches of lawn that is spreading - Knowledgebase Question

Portsmouth, Rh
Question by csoares
I have large patches of dead grass which are spreading. I have treated with grub control with merit by Bayer. I just purchased Ortho Bug Be Gone Max for Insects for long season control. Any other suggestions?

0

If you've applied insecticides, they should take care of any pests in your lawn. If the insecticides have not stopped the browning, your lawn may have a fungal disease. It's difficult to diagnose without being able to see and handle the lawn so perhaps the best thing for you to do is to take a sample of the lawn (try to cut a portion that has both healthy and brown lawn in it) and take it to your local cooperative extension office for positive identification and suggested remedies for your lawn.

Contact:
Coop. Ext. Education Ctr.
University of Rhode Island
3 East Alumni Ave.
Kingston, RI 02881
(401) 874 - 5997

Best wishes with your lawn!