ground cover - Knowledgebase Question

hamilton, IL
Avatar for jgp
Question by jgp
March 28, 1998
What ground cover can be used in a 6'-deep ditch that runs next to my property? Other than burning the weeds and grasses I would like it to look nice, and help with erosion.

Answer from NGA
March 28, 1998
Peaceful Valley Farm Supply offers erosion control seed mixes, and as I suspected, they feature crown vetch and other legumes (clovers) as a foundation to erosion control. Their mixes also contain grasses and some feature wildflowers! You can usually find these seeds at farm supply stores, but if you want to check out their catalog, here's Peaceful Valley's address: PO Box 2209, Grass Valley, CA 95945; ph# 916/272-4769. Good luck!

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Echinacia"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.