My rosemary - Knowledgebase Question

Chandler, Ar
Question by wayneyoung1
My rosemary plants are dying, what are the ideal lighting and watering conditions so that they will thrive?

0

Rosemary typically grows well in full sunshine and is reasonably drought tolerant once established. If the ground doesn't drain well, or if you overwater, rosemary will die. Even though rosemary is drought tolerant it still needs some irrigation. I suggest giving plants frequent water (every 3 to 5 days) during the first growing season, and then decrease irrigation frequency once the root system has established and expanded. In my experience, rosemary plants that survive the first year will live for a long time. Once established, observe them and irrigate when they begin to show any signs of wilting. Rosemary planted in native soil needs no fertilizer. Fall is an excellent time to plant rosemary.

Best wishes with your garden!